The firm has established and maintains continued productive working relationships with all departments of government dealing with select areas of expertise including the Department of Lands and Surveys, Belize Intellectual Property Office, The Registrar General, Belize Trade and Investment Development Service, The Companies Registry, The International Business Companies (IBC) Registry and the Belize Tourism Board (BTB) together with various Governmental Ministries. The firm has previously been recognized by the Mayor and City of Belize for valuable contribution, support and legal advice to the City. Arguelles & Company has also from time to time, advised the Association of Professional Architects of Belize (APAB) and the Association of Professional Engineers of Belize (APEB). Arguelles & Company has also assisted in drafting of legislation in regard to foreign investment and has intimate knowledge of parliamentary process and committees.
International Experience – Immediate Results
Since its inception, the firm has constantly used technology and adapted to meet the specific requirements of large multinationals, differing time zones and high net worth individuals. Service has now become immediate. Color copies of documents/Certificates & Titles can now be delivered the same day of receipt via scanning and email in line with the demands of international expectations.
Our Belize Attorneys create an enduring and personal relationship which we consider vital to understanding the client’s long term needs and protection. We have in the past worked together with numerous clients and professional intermediaries to create and identify a range of solutions second to none. We pride ourselves in delivery of prompt responses and results. On request, testimonials to the above are available from CEOs of Fortune 500 companies and many U.S. accounting, banking and legal private client advisors. See Representative Client List.
- Tax Law Firm of the Year
- Corporate Law Firm of the Year
- Yearly Tax Compliant
- Presidential Order Award (2009) – Presidential Medal presented by the President of Guatemala
- Recognized by the World Bank as a valuable contributor to their publications.
- Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU): First firm to meet registration requirements as mandated by law.
Recent Large (Public) Clients
(each in excess of $100 Million)
- Santander Sugar/Green Tropics Ltd.
- Norwegian Cruise Lines/Harvest Caye
- Port of Belize Purchase Negotiation
- SunEdison Honduras Energy Project
We have worked with the following banks in the past for large transactions involving syndicated loans/cross border transactions in Belize and abroad:
- CIFI (Corporación Interamericana para el Financiamiento de Infraestructura)
- CABEI/BCIE (Banco Centroamericano de Integracion Economica)
- OFID (OPEC Fund for International Development)
- IFC (International Finance Corporation)
- OPIC (Overseas Private Investment Corporation)
- Citibank N.A.
- Banco Lafise (Honduras) Sociedad Anonima
- Banco Financiera Comercial Hondureña, S.A. (BANCO FICOHSA)
- Banco Agromercantil de Guatemala S.A.
- Barclays Wealth (Isle of Man, Singapore, London, Monaco, Cyprus Switzerland)
- UBS AG
- Credit Suisse (UK)
- Bank Julius Baer & Co. Ltd.
- China Trust Commercial Bank, Ltd.
See full representative client list
We have also undertaken many legal opinions for most of the aforesaid.